Enabling a Safer Society and Smarter Living
Last modified: 13 Nov 2019
1.Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
2.Children under the Age of 16
3.How We Use Your Information
5.Data Security Measures
•Name, address and other identifying information
We collect contact details such as your address, telephone number and e-mail address when you register for an event or exhibition via our website, apply for a newsletter, or when you leave your business card at an event or exhibition.
•Information that you provide at the time of registering for use of or access to our Services
For example, subscribing to our posting material, requesting further services, registering for newsletters or other communications, entering a contest or promotion sponsored by us, reserving place for participation in our training or marketing activities, or reporting a problem with our Services.
•Information you provide when you use certain features of our Services
For example, records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us; requests for repair services of products bought from us, product model and S/N, and contacts for their delivery after repair; your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or other purposes; your search queries on the use of our Services.
•Information you provide when you apply for a job
When you decide to apply for a job, we may collect information about you via the forms you fill in on the ‘Career’ section of our website, including any files you choose to attach. Moreover, we may also collect information about you via other channels such as social media or recruitment agencies (if you got into contact with us via them) when you apply for a position.
•Information we collect during an event/exhibition
When we organize events and exhibitions we may collect personal data during these events. During these live events we also demonstrate our devices and may record live images that include data. During these exhibitions we may also collect data from you directly, like for example, when you fill in an enquiry during an event or exhibition.
•Personal information required for the performance of a contract
Details of transactions you carry out through the use of our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders (note that you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services).
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our website, or transmitted to other users of our websites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Our websites are not generally targeted at children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 should provide any personal data to or on our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16.
Dahua strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at .
•To carry out our agreement with you, including billing and collection
When you enter into an agreement with us, we process your personal data for the purpose of delivering you the products and services. This includes the processing of personal data relevant for concluding the agreement and the performance of obligations of both parties.
•To provide our online services to you
We process a username and password when you register at our website to have access to a range of services such as training courses, access to marketing materials and software and or repair support for products you have purchased from us and their delivery after repair. In addition, this also includes that we process contact details to contact you in case of technical issues with your account. In addition to the account details, we also use this data for the purpose of recording the progress of your training, or the complete history of support we provided to you with regard to our products and services, or to send you invitations to our marketing activities for which you have registered your interest via our Website.
•To communicate with you
We use your contact details to communicate with you, provide you with information you request about us, answer your questions or when we handle your complaints.
•For statistical research
- General. We use automatic tools to perform statistical research into general trends regarding the use of our services, websites, apps and social media and the behavior and preferences of our customers and users. We also send periodically enquiries to our customers and prospects to gain insight in their opinions and preferences.
- Data. To perform our research, we may merge and analyze the different types of data as described above. We may also combine such aggregated data with information we receive from our group companies or from market research. Without your consent we will not use sensitive data for this statistical research.
- Interests and benefits. Statistical research helps us to develop better services and offerings, to provide more responsive customer support and to improve the design and content of our websites, products and mobile apps.
•For direct marketing
- General. We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, promotions or other marketing communications, including invitations to our exhibitions.
- Categories of data. To understand what is relevant for you we may use automatic tools to analyze your personal information. For this purpose, we may use and combine the information described above. We may also combine such data with information we receive from our group companies or from other sources, such as market research or public information. Without your consent we will not use sensitive data for statistical research.
- Interest and benefits. We use the results of our analysis to tailor our marketing communications to your (and the company you represent), specific interests and preferences. For example, if we notice that you work in a specific sector, such as banking, we may customize our offers, invitations to exhibitions and newsletters to this sector.
- Channels. We use different channels for our marketing communications, such as e-mail, apps, social media and your personal online account.
- Object or revoke. You may object or revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in the relevant marketing communication or by contacting us DH_Privacy@dahuatech.com.
•To comply with statutory obligations
We may be required by law to collect and share your identifying information and personal data with public or governmental organizations for the purpose of compliance with the law, a court order, or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We only use "Aggregated" or “De-identified” information to: (a) understand users’ preferences; (b) enhance and optimize users’ experience; (c) improve the functional design to better support the users; (d) provide better customer care and customer service; and (e) gather analytical data.We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds: on the basis of your consent, for the performance of a contract with you, to comply with legal obligations we are subject to and on the basis of our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party as described in this policy. When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, we will take reasonable measures to prevent unwarranted harm to you. Our legitimate interests may for example be improving our newsletters and website by analysing which parts of our communications are most relevant for persons interested in our activities, or securing our website and facilities. For more information on these interests, please contact us to understand the purposes for which we process your personal data (see below).
•To deliver your orders and provide you the services requested from us
To deliver you the products you order and the services you request such as training, repair of products, participation in roadshows and other marketing activities, we may share your personal data with our group companies, and other companies involved in facilitating you with services such as distributors or dealers. For more information about our group companies, please visit our website under About Us or feel free to contact us.
•To keep in touch with our prospects, customers, and former customer
We may share your personal data with subsidiaries and partners for the purpose of being able to contact you in the future and provide you with services. This includes sharing personal data within the group for the purposes of customer relation management.
•For statistical research and direct marketing
We may share your personal data within our group for the purpose of statistical research and direct marketing.
•To let you benefit special offers of partners of Dahua
We may share your information with our partners to let you benefit from the services of these partners that we integrate or offer in our own services and apps. For example, when we cooperate with resellers or when we offer services via the DHOP platform or when we organize or participate in exhibitions and other marketing events organized by third parties, either in their entirety or in cooperation with us.
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or for investigations (e.g. disclosure to prevent crime or fraud, or to comply with a court order or legislation).
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the legitimate rights, property or safety of Dahua, our customers or others.
You can review and change your personal data by logging into your account on our website and visiting your account profile page. If you are not able to find your personal data you may also send us an e-mail at to request access to, or require us to correct or delete any personal data that you have provided to us. You may also object to or request us to restrict your processing. If we process your personal data based on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us (see below). A summary of your legal rights is set out below:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.For security reasons, we will take steps to authenticate your identity before providing access to your personal data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., Ltd
A10, Bin’An Road 1199, Binjiang District
Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, P.R. China
C/O: Data Protection Officer
1. What are cookies?
2. Which cookies we store and why
Our website uses functional cookies to ensure that it operates properly and analytical cookies to make your user experience optimal.
These cookies are necessary for basic site functionalities and are therefore set when you visit our websites. These cookies remember your preferences as you use our websites. For example, if any of our websites requires you to register so that you can receive the relevant services, after registration, first-party cookies are used which keep your email stored for a certain period of time, so that you can save time from setting or entering them whenever you come back to the site or move from one page to another. More specifically we use these functional cookies in specific:
Store email after registration (login status)
Store email after registration (login userid)
Store email after registration (login user email)
Stores email after registration
7, 14, 21 days
The cookies are used to collect information about the way in which visitors use Dahua websites, including information about the pages most visited and the number of error messages displayed, which helps us to create reports on the visibility of our webpages so that we can constantly improve our website. These cookies help Dahua to improve its websites and to make your browsing experience more friendly and pleasant.
Here are the specifics on the analytical cookies:
Google Analytics (_ga and _gid)
Clicking behavior, time spent on website, distinguishes each visitor
Clicky ( _jsuid)
Track visitor’s movement across various domains
3. Control the cookies we store and access
If you would like to revoke consent, you can adjust your browser settings to delete our or third-party cookies. You can also adjust your browser settings to prevent websites from setting cookies or third-party cookies altogether. If you prevent us from setting specific cookies, you may find that some functions are not available or that certain parts of the website will not load. Find out how to adjust the settings for different browsers:
DH Partner APP
Upgrade with brand new UI and a plenty of new functions. Download the App now to experience your handy business platform at your fingertips !
Our Virtual Innovation Centre has been created to support customers with designing the best security systems, using the most up-to-date and innovative technology in the market today. Click here to browse the latest security technology from the comfort & safety of your home or office!